Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Blackfish Initial Thoughts

     Here are some of my ideas on this topic. First of all, Tilikum is a double-sized orca trained at SeaWorld after being captured around the 1980s or 90s.

     He died on January 6, of 2017. This was because some said that he had deteriorating health and a lung disease. This happened after years of the tragic events of two trainers and a trespasser being killed.

     SeaWorld in my opinion seems like a horrible place to be up front watching. If I was there for a show, I’d rather sit a little further back from the safe fence. I mean, right? Who wants to possibly risk their life at front and get possibly dragged down into the tank.

     I found out yesterday that, sure, these killer whales are captured and trained, but can also have hostile play-styles. They can drag and bite, or swim down deep in the tank to drown its victim.

     So the question here is, should orcas be at SeaWorld? Or should they be in the ocean? My answer is that they should indeed be in the ocean. They don’t belong in a tank that is not enclosed all the way and could possibly do much harm to tourist. But of course as well turn on their trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment